PHNOM PENH (XINHUA) – The number of international visitors to Cambodia’s famed Angkor Archaeological Park rose 41 per cent year-on-year in the first four months of 2024, said a report from the state-owned Angkor Enterprise on Friday.
The ancient park recorded 421,379 foreign tourists during the January-April period this year, up 41 per cent from 298,998 over the same period last year, the report said.
The park made USD19.9 million in revenue from ticket sales, also up 42 per cent from USD14 million over the same period last year, the report added.
China was the fifth largest source of international tourist arrivals to the Angkor park after the United States, the United Kingdom, France, and South Korea, the report said.
It added that some 28,172 Chinese holidaymakers visited the park, up 53 per cent from 18,437, it added.
Situated in northwest Siem Reap province, the 401-square-kilometres Angkor Archaeological Park is home to 91 ancient temples, which had been built from the 9th…
















